2) Take a paper towel and gently scrub off the dirt, loose bark and general unwanted things.
3) Spray the branch with a sealer, so that the bark doesn't fall off as easily in the future. Follow the directions on the sealer. Wait for it fully dry before taking any more steps.
4) Tie a small knot around the end of the branch with twine. Do multiple, depending on the thickness and strength of the twine.
5) Wrap the twine around the end of the branch where you tied it. I wrapped it about 150 times around, to give it a lot of strength. Tie a knot after wrapping to keep it from unwinding. Leave a decent amount of string let hanging after you wrap it, this will become the hanging portion. Do this to both ends. Repeat step 4 and 5 for the other end of the branch.
6) Tie both ends of the strings together into a strong knot. Wherever you tie is how long it will hang, so be cautious with tying.
7) Use a thumbtack, or a nail of you're a permanent kind of person, and hang the holder off of it.
8) Hang your necklaces, sunglasses, whatever you want off of it, and voila! A cheap and easy way to hang your things.
You can add much more to this like metal hooks and using a thicker twine, but I like the effortless feel of this one.