The Halloween season is here, and what screams Halloween more than pumpkins?
My boyfriend hates pumpkins and I'm impartial, so it's safe to say that pumpkin doesn't have a place in our home. But, that doesn't mean I can't get into the Halloween mood. Today, I present Pumpkin Shaped Rice Crispy Treats. Made with 4 ingredients, these pumpkins are a feast for the eyes and for the bellies!
You're going to need:
1) 3 tbs of butter
2) A bag of marshmallows
3) Crisped rice cereal
4) Food Coloring
5) (Optional) Pumpkin flavoring.
2) Once the butter is melted, add a bag of marshmallows.
3) Stir those marshmallows until the melt into a creamy consistency. Then, add food coloring. For this orange, I dropped 6 drops of yellow and 2 of red. Mix well!
You can add pumpkin flavoring, here, as well.
4) Remove from heat. Add crisped rice cereal and thoroughly combine it with the marshmallows!
5) Let the mix cool for 5 minutes.
6) Rub some butter on your hands get to forming some balls.
7) Push down on the top of the pumpkin gently and place a small dab of crispies for a stem.
A plate full of cute little rice crispy pumpkins, perfect for the Halloween season!
This recipe is super simple and is great for people of all ages. This recipe can yield a lot, depending on the size of your pumpkins, and easily modified for a bigger batch. Add more food coloring for a deeper orange, or use black to add a jack-o-lantern face. The possibilities are near endless for this recipe!
If you liked this homemade treat, don't forget to pin it below!